Friday, June 1, 2012

Biblical Milestones

I love reading God's word.  It is the only book that no matter how often you read it it still majorly impacts your life because it is alive.  It is the only book where you don't realize it has changed you until you are faced with a decision, with a circumstance, to do what you have always done and be who you have always been, and it changes you to choose differently.  Seriously.  How often can we say that you read The Hunger Games and didn't know it changed you until you were put in...a battle for your life?? Ok, not the best example.  But I am sure you get what I mean.

This week has been amazing! It was a long hard week....I worked everyday but Memorial Day (monday).   But I discovered #shereadstruth.  They have just today launched a website shereadstruth.com .  It is a bible reading and devotional guide.  It has been amazing- right now they have a Youversion ( a free bible reading ap on iPhones)  reading guide.  I have been reading through, trying to catch up so I can share it on instagram- I started a little late.  I didn't know that the word was effecting me like it was until last night.  I knew that I was remembering God's truth more and more. I was conscious of my efforts to be a better mom, be a nicer wife, a harder worker, etc.  But last night I realized that God has used this to change something in me that I have struggled with for years!!!

 Last night I was cruising through a social networking website and there was one of my friends.  She was excited about something that was happening for her- it was new and exciting.  My flesh craved the attention, the same thing had happened to me and I should tell her that, since mine was more special right! Have I ever said pride is one of my big issues???  I started justifying saying- I am only supporting her if I  telling her my joy.  In a flash before I could move the curser, God held me back.  He taught me to let her have her joy be hers alone.  It didn't matter if I had the same joy and had not celebrated with her.  I had not thought about the hurt that my "joy sharing" would cause her.  But God did.  He reminded me of that.  I am so thankful that God teaches us new things even when it is something that we have worked on for soooo long!!

James 3 :6 (the message) says it only takes a small spark, remember, to set off a forest fire.  A careless, wrongly placed word out of your mouth will do that.  By our speech we can ruin the world, turn harmony to chaos, throw mud on a reputation, send the whole world up in smoke with it, smoke right from the pit of hell.

What we say- or in this digital age- type, makes a big difference in our world.  Each word we say, each comment we make, needs to have all our thoughtfulness behind it.  It is life or death sometimes- and we won't even know it.  Take heart.  God can curb out tongue.  Proverbs 10:19 When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.  Be wise my friends.  Hold your tongue and be wise.  Trust God for His wisdom and speak the words He gives you.  They will be more impact-full than 1,000 of your own, well impacting in the right way.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment