Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Blessings and Butterflies



I don’t understand those parents who are excited for their children to go back to school- ok so maybe by mid August I am ready for school to start, but with in a month I am ready for them to be home again.  I don’t feel complete unless all my children are home with me.  Psalms 127:3-5 Sons are a heritage from the Lord , children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

 I love my reward!! The short people in my home are amazing creations of my Lord and I cherish them dearly!



For the summer I didn’t want to have the kids just sit around watching tav.  We are going to go camping- look forward to some posts about the vacays we are taking this summer later in the season.  But we needed something more day to day and educational along the way.  (Hey, that rhymed!)  So I searched and we are doing some projects- crafts (I will post on them later in the season also), we are doing some reading plans, some math drills, playing with American girl dolls (wait for the upcoming post about detangling doll hair...that was fun!!! yup that was sarcasm).
  And the best of all???  We are hatching caterpillars!  We ordered ten live caterpillars and are watching them turn into butterflies.  We are going to let the butterflies lay eggs and then release the butterflies and hatch a new generation of caterpillars.  It all is happening super fast, so I am truly hoping that it doesn’t run into our vacation!!



It has been really interesting to watch the transformation from caterpillar to now chrysalis. When the butterflies come out to play, I will post the images of them then.  The kids are so interested and have learned about the life cycle of a butterfly because of this.  They are super into insects now and have started hunting worms (I haven’t informed them yet that worms are NOT the same as caterpillars and will not turn into butterflies).  





I love finding interesting ways for the kids to get involved in learning and enrich the summer- I don’t like them just wasting away all summer long!! So doing these summer activities, I hope, will encourage their brains to keep working and keep them entertained as well as build memories that will last a lifetime. 
I used to homeschool- if you have read my blog before, you know that.  I miss it terribly but know that right now the kids going to public school is the best for our entire family.  However, summers are MINE!! I can “homeschool” all summer and educate my children on top of the public education that they are receiving and the kids can get the best of both worlds.  It is an amazing thing.

Remember- Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. That includes your parenting.  Parenting is something that God chose ahead for me to do and He expects my best in that endeavor!! I encourage you to consider doing some summer projects that will help your blessings’ brains and hearts grow! 

 If you have any amazing summer ideas, what are they? I would love if you would share them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment