Monday, June 11, 2012

A good weekend for a crock pot recipe

So I was late getting a post out today- summer, so busy!! We had a busy weekend.  We went to a play downtown in the square about the "Three Little Pigs" and "Josephina Javelina" and I got the blessing to go to Mesa and listen to David Arthur- Kay Arthur's son from Precept Ministries- talk about bible studies.  After that I was able to have a fabulous lunch with some other plant based ladies, including a great friend I hadn't seen in ages.  





Then I have been feeling a bit run down, but trying to hang in there!   So, I thought I would give a recipe for Monday.  My whole family loved this.  I hope you will too.




Crock pot Green chili
cooked shredded chicken or shredded jackfruit (for jackfruit (found in asian stores) rinse two cans of young jackfruit very very well shredding under the water)
1/4 cup corn
1/2 cup tomatillo salsa
1/2 cup green chilies- for milder flavor take seeds and veins out
1 large can of tomatoes
2 cups vegetable broth 
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander seed
1/2 tsp salt

Grind cumin and coriander, place all ingredients into a crock pot and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours. Serve with a corn tortilla.


No comments:

Post a Comment