Friday, June 29, 2012

Pinterest- an addiction and an encouragement

Pinterest Logo


   


   Most of you I am sure have heard of Pinterest.  Well, it is something I discovered just about 9 months ago (in October of last year).  I have a love hate relationship with Pinterest.  There are amazing ideas for crafts and parenting, things to do with the kids and things to do for my home, bible verses, funny quotes, workout ideas, and recipes.  It is smorgasbord of information and ideas.

   But then there is the me that can't have that perfect house, perfect rock hard abs, perfect garden, and still have time to cook a perfect dinner and craft amazing things. There is a sense of inadequacy while on Pinterest. But I still go on there - almost daily- and pin the things I love.  I have a gazillion pins and several boards.  If you want to follow me it's - http://pinterest.com/granolamommie/.

   But I am determined to make time to do some of these pins- I have been pinning them for so long, and now and done very few.  So from now on my goal is to do 1 craft a week that I have set aside on Pinterest in my boards and take a picture and talk about my process with you on Fridays! Some times it may be very little projects - we still have a few vacations set up for this summer.  But some times they may be very big- like refinishing my table or reupholstering my foot stool....we will have to see!!!!!

   This will be fun and I can't wait to challenge myself and stop feeling like I can't do any of these projects ever.  If you want to join me, you can comment and tell me what you did and how it went.  Or feel free to comment about mine.  Happy pinning!





No comments:

Post a Comment