Thursday, May 31, 2012

Parenting and tests


  I love how God teaches us something, then immediately tests us.  As a trained teacher, I know that the assessment is an important part of the learning process.  I know that it “seals” in the learning and shows where our assimilation of the new skill is lacking.  
  Well, go figure that was the day I had yesterday.  God opened my eyes about how I spoke to my children.  I love them dearly, but I get so frustrated and tired at the end of the day.  I try to be patient, but sometimes I just lose it.  I know- I am human, it happens to the best of us, etc, etc.  But that is not good enough.  I know God doesn’t expect perfection, but He expects that I would choose His way over the world’s excuses.
I will never be a perfect mom, but I can be the best one possible for my kids’ sake.  God expects my best and actually calls me to put aside my anger, rage, and self and clothe myself with patience, compassion, kindness, humility, and gentleness (colossians 3:12).  That is not exactly what I did today.  I hung on- until 8 pm and the 15th time telling them to go back to bed.....
Today is a new day.  Thank God children are forgiving and resilient!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment