Friday, June 8, 2012

American Girl Style

So my daughters have these dolls- one of them is an American Girl Doll, the other, not so much.  She is a cheap imitation.  And  I would love to go on about cheap imitations I will save that for another post.  I am using this post to talk about hair.  Detangling doll hair.

The American Girl Doll was easier to detangle (and now I understand why we spent a bazillion dollars more for her than the imitation)- there was a better quality to the hair  among other things.


I googled detangling doll hair and found this.  The lady who runs the site had some ideas.  So first I took the doll who was worse- can you guess which one that was???  And got a cup of hot water and a brush.  She recommends a wig brush but seeing as how I started this before reading and didn't have one of those, I washed a regular hair brush.   I brushed through the tangles as best as I could.

Then I noticed it was still frizzy and looked through the site (which by the way has amazing tips on doing doll hair and even how to re-wig it).  I saw that she recommended a "downy dip" well I didn't have downy liquid fabric softener.  I had dryer sheets!!  (darn I forgot to take a pic of this step) I put the sheets in bowls of water and let the dolls hair soak all day.  I set the dolls in the window when I was done and it worked pretty well.  When their hair was dry I brushed through.

They are not perfect, but better than before and am seriously considering re-wigging the imitation doll because of the quality.  But I will probably just bite the bullet and buy an American Girl Doll for my younger daughter.


   

2 comments:

  1. and maybe.... just maybe.... put some CLOTHES on them?????? Good to know for my three baby girls though

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! I had to take the clothes off to wash the hair

    ReplyDelete