Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday- no craft, but hiking fun

I know I said I would be doing Pinterest crafts on Thursdays.  I still plan to.  I have a big one staring me in the face- I am procrastinating (partly because of the lack of a belt sander and stencils that I would need for the project but also because it is a big project that is a bit daunting).  But today there is a better reason I didn't do a project.

I took my kids hiking up a mountain to some caves with some other moms from our local MOPs group.  We had so much fun.  My kids were their typical selves- Arydona was making friends with the moms and being unique and creative turning an old camera into her "GPS" and Kai was running with the big boys and making playdate plans (without my input).

It was fun getting out and hiking and getting to know the other moms better.  I feel like we are finally getting to know people well here in town and it is such a great place to be.  Also getting to see the kids explore  nature hands on is such a wonderful experience.  The excitement of seeing the lizards, exploring the caves, holding rocks; it is all so very magical for them.

So, I am sorry that I didn't get a chance to do a project for you, today.  But my kids had such a great time exploring and we did something much longer lasting than a craft.  Hopefully I will get a project done next week- heck, maybe two!! But this week we hiked.




No comments:

Post a Comment