Monday, August 1, 2011

Bedrest

So this weekend has been a really trying weekend for me. I had foot surgery last Wednesday and on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday the family was here to take care of me. But then yesterday everyone left for the annual trip to Lake Powell. I was so excited to be alone for the three days- before I really thought about having to get around and feed myself on crutches!
Yesterday I thought it would be a wonderful idea to get myself Thai kitchen soup and broccoli. That was a BIG mistake!! After I had boiled the noodles and broccoli, added the seasoning and tiny oil packet, and even a little extra turmeric, I decided to try and hobble back to the bedroom. Apparently I forgot the incredible heat associated with boiling water. Apparently I forgot the incredible jumping that comes with using crutches. Apparently I forgot that I have nerves at the end of my fingers. Needless to say, I remembered VERY quickly. With some quick maneuvering I quickly was able to transfer the bowl of soup to the dresser and passed it down by the bed.
I had all these plans for the days alone- I was going to pour over the bible- that is hard to do on pain medication, harder than I expected, I was going to work on the book I am supposed to be writing- another issue with pain medication. I was going to take naps- that worked out great! Then I found out last night due to an injury that Bryce got on the boat, he is coming home early. He will be home this afternoon. My plans didn't seem to have been as easy to actualize as I had hoped. It reminds me of Proverbs 19:21 Many plans are in a Man's heart, but the Lord's purpose prevails.
That is so true. I look back at my life and over and over I plan. But God always directs my life in the direction he chooses. I am bummed that my plans didn't pan out as I had hoped, but I know he is looking out for my best interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment